This page is for all adult volunteer positions EXCEPT Villain. To volunteer as a Villain, see our Join the Final Battle page. (Adults and youth 13+ may volunteer as Villains.)
Be a Hero! Volunteer for Hero Quest and Summit
We are seeking adult volunteers (18+) who are passionate about helping and mentoring both our young attendees at Summit and our Youth Leaders at Hero Quest. We have many roles from helping with Equipment, Check-in, Mentors, and many other exciting and fun service roles. Volunteering is a rewarding experience — many of our volunteers return year after year!
Volunteers MUST sign up BEFORE the event. To sign up, fill out the form below. For more information, see our Volunteer FAQs and Volunteer Roles below the form. If you have additional questions about volunteering with us, please contact our volunteer coordinator through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jump To: Volunteer Q&A | Volunteer Roles | Costume Ideas
- Are volunteers the same as villains? No. Please visit the Join the Final Battle page for information about villains.
- How old do I need to be to volunteer? Adult Volunteers need to be 18 or older. (Youth 13-18 and Adults may volunteer as Villains. Please visit Join the Final Battle for information.)
- Do I need to attend a training? What are the dates and times of trainings for volunteers? Where is training held?
- If you are volunteering for Hero Quest, you'll need to attend the two Adult Hero Quest Trainings.
- If you are volunteering for Heroic Youth Summit, you need to attend one of the General Trainings for everyone.
- If you are volunteering for both, you will need to attend the two Adult Hero Quest Trainings and one of the General Summit Trainings.
- Details about and locations for all trainings can be found on our Events Calendar.
- When do volunteers need to arrive at Hero Quest and Summit?
- Volunteers arrive between 6:30am and 9:00am, depending on your volunteer role. The volunteer coordinator may make other arrangements with you to accommodate your schedule, depending what is needed for the year. Please contact the volunteer coordinator with questions via email at email@example.com.
Some of Our Volunteer Roles
Photographers and videographers should bring their own camera. If you would like to volunteer for one of these roles but don't have a camera, we may be able to find one for you to borrow. In the case that we cannot acquire one to lend, please choose backup interests when signing up to volunteer.
- Photographers - Take pictures on a camera (think a little higher resolution than photos on a phone)
- Videographers - Record in 1080HD
Adult women who attend all day on Friday and Saturday. Responsible for supervising the 8-12-year-old boys/girls and will do some teaching. Will need to provide some games and coordinate snacks. Costume dress and belt provided.
Adult men who attend all day on Friday and Saturday. Responsible for supervising the 8-12-year-old boys/girls, assisting the Master Knights and Princesses with physical tasks, and will do some teaching and running simple activities. Help with set-up and take-down of camps/kingdoms. Costume tabard provided. Please add to your costume as possible. Costume ideas can be found here.
Help Thursday, Friday, and/or Saturday morning to get all volunteers, youth leaders, and attendees checked in. At least one volunteer needs to be at the information table all day each day to provide supplies to other volunteers and help direct or answer questions. No costume needed but always encouraged.
Help with Tuesday and/or Wednesday set-up during the day, and Saturday evening take-down of major equipment, including unpacking and packing the trucks.
There’s tired, and then there’s Summit-tired! Join the crew behind the scenes and help make the magic happen! The equipment crew stages all the various equipment required to put on this amazing event and helps with all things logistics throughout the day on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for Hero Quest and Summit.
Pre-Summit help with constructing weapons and shields. Limited space available. Please contact the volunteer coordinator and you will be connected with our Armory Coordinator. We have lots of fun! There are occasionally also a small number of costumed armory roles needed at the event.
Contribute sewing skills to aid our costumer in creating and repairing costumes and some fabric decorations for the event. Assist with washing costumes after the event. Most work is done beforehand. We also need at least two people all day each day of the event who can assist with checking costumes in and out to volunteers.
Trained and licensed EMT, RN, APRN, PA, or MD, 21 years-old or older. Under the direction of our Medical Director, medical support volunteers help with first-aid and any emergencies that may arise during summer Training, Hero Quest, and Summit events. Contact the volunteer coordinator with your availability so trainings are covered and shifts can be established for the main event.
Learn more and see us in action in this video!