We are seeking adult volunteers who are passionate about helping and mentoring both our young attendees and our youth leaders.
If you are looking for Villain volunteer details and signup, please go Join the Final Battle Here!
For questions about volunteering with us, please contact our volunteer coordinator through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To sign up as a volunteer, please fill out this form. A detailed description of all volunteer positions are listed below the form. Youth Leaders (age 12+) who wish to volunteer, other than villains in the final battle, must have already gone through an application process in January, which is now closed. Visit the Summit Registration page to learn more about the program. Also be sure to check out the Hero Quest details to learn more about the event.
Volunteer Questions and Answers
- How old do I need to be to volunteer? Volunteers, other than villains need to be 18 years and older. Villains can be 13 and older for Summit (Saturday), 16 or older for Hero Quest (Thursday).
- Do I need to attend a training? What are the dates and times of trainings for volunteers? Where is training held? Details about all trainings can be found here on our Events page. For adult volunteers in the following roles: Adult camp and kingdom leaders, cast, check in volunteers, costume volunteers, and adult support for villains; If you are volunteering for Hero Quest, you'll need to attend one of the Adult Hero Quest Trainings on July 20th or August 24th. If you are volunteering for Heroic Youth Summit, you need to attend one of the General Trainings for everyone on July 27th or August 17th. If you are volunteering for both, you will need to attend one of the Adult Hero Quest Trainings and one of the General Summit Trainings.
When do volunteers need to be to summit?
- Board Members are usually at the event by 7am
- Youth Leaders- Princesses and Master Knights arrive at 7:30am and all other youth leaders, unless stated otherwise, arrive at 8:00am all days.
- Most volunteers arrive at 8:00am each day. Many volunteers only need to be at the park for specific times. This is information you will get at the general training.
- Check-in volunteers need to be at the park by 7:45am
- Villains have a unique schedule. You should be getting details instructions from our Villain Coordinator. Villains coming only for the battle should arrive at 3:00 pm on Thursday and 11:00 am on Saturday, and all villains should stay until the end of the final battle and closing ceremonies. Captains and Lieutenants show up one hour earlier.
Some of Our Volunteer Roles
Adult Women who will attend all day, Friday and Saturday. Will be responsible for supervising the boys or girls and will do some teaching. Will need to provide some games and snacks. Costume dress and belt provided.
Adult men who will attend all day, Friday and Saturday. Will be responsible for supervising the boys or girls, assisting the Master Knights and Princesses and will do some teaching and running activities. Will help with set up and take down of camps. Costume tabard provided. Please add to your costume as possible – costume shirts/pants/boots.
Will help Thursday, Friday and/or Saturday morning to gets all volunteers, youth leaders, and attendees checked in. Also in need of someone who can be there all three days. No costume needed but always encouraged.
Set-Up and Take-Down
Wednesday set up and Saturday evening take down of major equipment, including unpacking and packing the trucks.
There's tired, and then there's Summit Tired! Join the crew behind the scenes and help make the magic happen! The equipment crew stages all the various equipment required to put on this amazing event, and helps with all things logistics.
Pre-Summit help with constructing weapons and shields. Limited space available. Please contact King Richard or our Logistics Chair, Dayne Graves, directly if you're interested. We have lots of fun! There are occasionally a small number of costumed roles at the event needed here too.
Final Battle Participants
Opposition is necessary in order to achieve a meaningful victory. Villains play a critical role in providing that opposition in a safe environment. Men and women ages 13 and older can fill this role. We will need some people to play villains Thursday and Friday (a few), and all day Saturday. We will need LOTS of people to play villains for the final battles on Thursday and Saturday. Come from 1:00 - 4:00 PM for the battle and battle training. Please sign up to attend the Final Battle to participate. NOTE: There will be NO walk-ins allowed- ALL Final Battle Participants MUST sign up before hand!
Those with sewing skills who are willing to aid our Costumer in creating, cleaning and repairing costumes and flags for the event. Most work is done before the Summit. We also need at least two people all day long on all three days who can assist with check out/in of costumes to volunteers.
Trained and licensed RN, PRN, or MD, 21 years-old or older available to help with any emergencies that may arise under the direction of our Medical Director. State available times so we can establish shifts.
Volunteers agree to the Heroic Youth Event Waiver, and understand that sometimes boo-boos and accidents can happen when mobs of children are battling with foam swords and arrows.